Parent Involvement Committee (PIC)
PARENT INVOLVEMENT COMMITTEE (PIC)
~ formerly School Council Coordinating Committee - SCCC ~
A Parent Involvement Committee is like a school council for the school board. School councils focus on the local school and community. Parent Involvement Committees focus on things that affect more than one school. They also discuss issues that matter to parents across the school board. They do this by:
* Supporting parent involvement at the regional level
* Linking parents with the school board’s director of education and trustees.
What do they do?
The goal of the PIC is to:
* Seek the advice and ideas of school councils, other parents and partners
* Advise the school board on topics that matter to parents
* Plan and implement strategies to involve more parents at the regional level
* Parent Involvement Committees also assess how well the school board responds to parent concerns.
Who sits on Parent Involvement Committees?
Most members are parents and the committee is chaired by a parent. But the director of education and trustee representatives also sit on the committee. This helps communication flow both ways. It helps the school board communicate with parents and makes sure that parent voices are heard by the board.
How can I get involved?
Contact your local school, or the Algoma District School Board at 705.945.7111. Either can put you in contact with your local Parent Involvement Committee.
Categories• Fall Workshop September 2011 - Barbara Coloroso
• Minutes from Parent Involvement Committee 2011 / 2012
• Minutes from Parent Involvement Committee 2010 / 2011
• Minutes from School Council Coordinating Committee 2009 / 2010
• Fall Workshop, October 23, 2010
Downloads• Spring 2013 PIC Workshop with Matt Bellace
• CODE Parent Engagement Guidebook
• CODE Parent Toolkit
• CODE Parent Engagement Guidebook (French)
• CODE Parent Toolkit (French)
• Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) Membership List 2010 / 2011
Links• Parents Matter - Ontario Ministry of Education Website
• Parents Matter Tip Sheet