How Does OYAP Work?
OYAP combines secondary school education with apprenticeship training.
• Register with a cooperative education program to access the OYAP option;
• Are required to successfully complete an interview with a qualified employer;
• Are placed in half-day (two credit) or full day (four credit) work experience placements;
• Receive and follow a Ministry approved training standard or schedule of training linked to a personalized placement learning plan;
• Must complete the course requirements of the cooperative education program (pre-employment orientation, integration days and assignments);
• Receive Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) coverage;
• Receive trade specific safety training/WHMIS;
• Are regularly monitored by a cooperative education teacher while at the work experience placement
Copyright 2015 Algoma District School Board