Dual Credit Program
Get a jump start on College by exploring the winter Dual Credit opportunities.
Dual credit programs are Ministry of Education approved programs that allows grade 11 and 12 students who are still in secondary school to take college or apprenticeship courses. When the course is successfully completed, two credits are recorded - one toward your high school diploma and the second on the college transcript.
Benefits of the Dual Credit Programs
- students experience a college course while still in high school;
- increased awareness of the various college and apprenticeship programs available;
- students experience a positive transition to college life, should they pursue this pathway, as they gain first-hand knowledge and understanding of post-secondary expectations;
- students' costs for textbooks and bus transportation are covered by the program;
- students earn a college credit while still in high school
The Dual Credit program is funded by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for:
- students who have the potential to succeed, but are at risk of not graduating from high school;
- students who are academically capable of completing college level work as demonstrated by success in college level courses;
- students who will benefit from exposure to post-secondary pathways which will assist in the planning of their post-secondary years;
- students enrolled in Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) programs; and
- students enrolled in Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
Please check with a Guidance Counsellor at any of our Secondary Schools in Sault Ste. Marie for more information on dual credits.
Click here to access important registration and course information documents.